New Fall Hours, Products, Art, Staff, 1% Giving Back and more . . .
Change is In the Air - and In Our Store
New Fall Hours, Products, Art, Staff, 1% Giving Back . . .
Hello Blue Market AK supporters,
Leaves are falling, nights cooling down, northern lights coming out and we find ourselves making all sorts of exciting changes here at Blue Market AK. Our 2nd Birthday is on November 9th this year, and what a year it's been.
1) NEW Expanded Fall Hours! Starting October 26th, we will be open
** 6 days a week (Tuesday through Sunday) from 11:00am until 7:00pm **
Ask and you shall receive. Due to popular demand, we are expanding our hours by one day and into the evenings. These hours will be in effect at least through 2021 (we may tweak again if another need arises).
2) NEW Products (here's a sampling):
- MILK from Alaska Range Dairy in Delta Junction
- CHEESE curated by Fromaggio's in Anchorage
- HOT COCOA BOMBS from Birdwing Fine Chocolates in Anchorage
- HOT CHOCOLATE (Peppermint/English Toffee/Regular) from Sipping Streams in Fairbanks
- ALASKAN KELP PRODUCTS from Foraged & Found
- BBQ SAUCE & OTHER NEW PRODUCTS from Barnacle Foods
and so much more.....
3) NEW Staff - You will see a few new faces around here, as our expanded hours means we are able to hire more fabulous Alaskan staff. We continue to be amazed at the quality of applicants we receive when we post job openings. We are humbled by the passion that folks have for our business model and their eagerness to become part of our team.
4) NEW 1% Giving Back Recipient is Alaska Common Ground. For the months of October/November/December, 1% of every sale made will go directly to this wonderful Alaskan organization. Scroll below for more info about them.
5) NEW Artist is Max Romey - This fabulous artist, filmmaker, environmentalist, beach cleaner-upper, trails guy, etc. is graciously hanging his art on our walls. We are so honored! Scroll below for more info and video clips.
6) "Events" ?!? - Since gatherings are somewhat questionable because of that nasty virus that begins with a C.....we don't know exactly what these will look like or when they might occur, but we plan to hold some sort of laid-back festivities or specials like the following:
- Halloween-ish house-made cookies
- November 9th - our 2nd birthday!
- Alaska Startup Week launch and Open House at Blue Market AK
- Fall Members-only discounts
- Meet-the-Artist and Short Marine Debris Film Showing
- Educational series to highlight some of our products and why we think they are so awesome
7) 2021 Memberships are prorated for $25 as of October 1st, good through Dec. 31, 2021. Membership gives you 10% off every purchase, plus access to a handful of "members only" discount days throughout the year, and a whole lot of good karma for supporting our little eco-friendly venture. P.S. Did you know that Students and Seniors 65+ are ALWAYS only $25 for the entire 12-month year for membership?
We hope this note finds you all happy and well.
With peace, love and gratitude,
Jen and Jess and the entire Blue Market AK Team
A Sea of Problems . . .
Inspired by a picture book, Max Romey heads to a remote beach on Alaska's coastline in search of marine debris. What he finds is a different story altogether. Max returned to Alaska after years of freelance filmmaking abroad. Hoping to use his unique blend of watercolors and filmmaking he is working to highlight complex environmental problems affecting his Alaskan community. This film is the first taste of a dyslexic’s visual take on the giant spectator of Marine Debris that hovers over the Alaskan Shores. To follow the story and see where you can view this film follow @MaxRomey on Instagram or Facebook.
Alaska Common Ground, our Oct-Nov-Dec 1% Giving Back Recipient
NOTE: If you are shopping from our online store, all items that are on the floor in the store may not be visible there, so call us at 907-677-2583 to check on availability if you see something marked as "out of stock" or not visible in the online store.